Veggie Fried Rice
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- Chill Time 15 min
- 3 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 large green onions, sliced
- Bring water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Add rice and stir well. Reduce heat and cook, covered, 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat and spread on baking sheet; refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes.
- Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, ginger and garlic stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add peas and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Add rice and soy sauce and cook, stirring frequently, until rice is well coated and hot, about 3 minutes. Make a well in center of rice and add egg; cover and cook over medium-low heat until egg is set, about 2 minutes. Uncover and scramble eggs with fork.
- Remove from heat; add green onions and stir to mix.