Maple Bacon Scallop Bites
- Recipe serves: 12
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 8 slices reduced sodium bacon
- 12 large raw scallops, drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 package Knorr® Au Jus gravy mix
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until cooked but not too crisp. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Cook scallops in same skillet in batches, over medium-high heat, turning once, until deep golden, about 4 minutes. Remove; let cool slightly, then cut in 1/2. Cut bacon crosswise into thirds.
- Place scallops in shallow 2-quart baking dish, cut sides down. Place one piece bacon on top of each scallop and secure with toothpick.
- To make sauce, whisk water and Knorr® Au Jus gravy mix in same skillet and cook 1 minute over medium-high heat. Stir in syrup and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Pour sauce over scallops.
- Bake 10 minutes or until scallops are just cooked through and sauce is bubbling.
- TIP: Cut down on kitchen time during the party by prepping these appetizers ahead of time. The scallops can be wrapped with bacon and refrigerated in covered baking dish. The sauce can also be made ahead; covered and refrigerated. When ready to serve, remove scallops and sauce from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature while oven heats.