Salsa de Cebolla y Habanero
- Makes 2 cups
- Prep Time 10 min
- Marinate for 1 hr 30 min
- 3 habanero chilies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cube Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Toss chiles with 1 tablespoon lime juice in small bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining lime juice, vinegar, oil and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s) in medium saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until bouillon dissolves and mixture is hot; remove from heat. Stir in onions.
- Pour onions and liquid into bowl; let cool. Add chiles and juice, and oregano. Cover and let stand at room temperature 1 hour for flavors to develop, stirring occasionally.