Caribbean-Style Pork Chops and Rice
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Marinate for 1 hr
- Cook Time 25 min
- Stand Time 10 min
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed and divided
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 packet Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix
- Combine 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon oregano and garlic in glass baking dish or resealable plastic bag. Add chops; turn to coat. Cover, or close bag and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning once. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- Remove chops from marinade, reserving marinade. Evenly sprinkle both sides with spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat and brown chops. Remove chops from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet and cook onion, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in rice. Cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Arrange chops on rice and cook covered until rice has absorbed most of the liquid and chops are done, about 8 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Rice will be slightly wet.
- Meanwhile, bring reserved marinade and remaining juices to a boil over high heat in small skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickend, about 10 minutes. Serve sauce with chops and rice.