Cheesy Chipotle Steak
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder, divided
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded (about 2 oz.) Monterey Jack cheese
- Microwave 1/2 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef in small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 seconds or until softened. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder with wire whisk until smooth.
- Brush steak, on both sides, with stock mixture. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Cook onion with red pepper in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, about 15 minutes, reducing heat as needed to prevent scorching. Reduce heat to low. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 tub Stock and 1/4 cup of water until Stock is melted. Stir in Mayonnaise and cheese until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, grill or broil steak until desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes, then thinly slice and arrange on serving platter. Top with onion mixture.