Shrimp & Avocado in Savory Broth
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Marinate for 15 min
- Cook Time 17 min
- 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half circles
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cube Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Toss shrimp with lime juice in medium bowl and marinate about 15 minutes. Remove shrimp and discard marinade.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook shrimp about 3 minutes or until pink, stirring occasionally. Remove and keep warm.
- Add zucchini and onion into same skillet and cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook 1 minute. Stir in water and Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube. Simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return shrimp to skillet. Stir in cilantro and simmer an additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle with avocado. .
- Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice and season with hot pepper sauce.